Welcome to MOCEANS Center for Independent Living!
We are happy to see you here!
Is this your first time learning about us? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Take your time browsing around our website and we promise you’ll be impressed with what you find. In fact, we encourage you to wander around the site even if you’ve been with us for years! We always have something new and interesting going on.
What happens at MOCEANS Center for Independent Living?
We are not a residential center and we do not provide housing or supervised living. The simple version of what we do is empower and educate those with disabilities with the purpose of fully developing human potential and enriching lives and communities. Our specific objectives are:
- To assist people with disabilities achieve maximum independence in the community
- To provide information and referral services to persons with disabilities living in Monmouth and Ocean counties
- To educate persons with disabilities and the community-at-large about independent living skills needed for persons with disabilities to maintain their independence
- To provide peer support for persons with disabilities
- To be a leader in the community for programs and services which would benefit persons with disabilities
- To promote the independent living philosophy through increased public awareness
If you’re looking for assistance with overcoming challenges related to your disability, know someone who has a disability, or simply feel passionate about community improvement and giving to others, then please don’t hesitate to contact us today! We look forward to seeing you!
The Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. EIN: 22-3468867 NJ Charities Reg #CH-1042000